Saturday, July 29, 2006

About me



Born in Kosovo, in the middle eighties my family moved to Scandinavia with hopes for a better life.
We ended up in Norway. After living in several places in Norway I moved to Oslo, and I have been living in Oslo for a year now.

After finishing the school of further education, I started as an apprentice for a web developing company. I was their inhouse graphic designer. After working long hour's for the company I got mentally tired. After a while I had an "awaking". Sitting in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day with very little physical activity my body got in very bad shape. Working in front of a computer was not I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

So I started looking for other things to occupy my days with. But that was not easy. Having to go back to scratch again set me back. But knew I liked to work with clothes but did not know in which aspect. After surfing around I came over the blog of Thomas Mahon, a Savile Row Tailor. I sent him a mail telling him about my situation and asking him if he needed an apprentice. He said, maybe?

Then I got on the plane, and went to see him, I stayed there for five day's and had a wonderful time. Something happen to me while I saw him working, I got truly inspired and most important of all from that moment of I new what I wanted to do with my life. GREAT!

When I got back to Oslo, I bought myself sewing equipment , needles, scissors, tape measure ruler, sewing machine and so on. And a book about sewing. I found a nice shop in the center of Oslo who sold fabrics at a reasonable price.

Then I had an idea, a sketch pad, a pencil, tailors chalk, tape measure and my scissors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home